Ads 468x60px

This is default featured slide 1 title

Go to Blogger edit html and find these sentences.Now replace these sentences with your own descriptions.This theme is Bloggerized by Lasantha Bandara - Premiumbloggertemplates.com.

This is default featured slide 2 title

Go to Blogger edit html and find these sentences.Now replace these sentences with your own descriptions.This theme is Bloggerized by Lasantha Bandara - Premiumbloggertemplates.com.

This is default featured slide 3 title

Go to Blogger edit html and find these sentences.Now replace these sentences with your own descriptions.This theme is Bloggerized by Lasantha Bandara - Premiumbloggertemplates.com.

This is default featured slide 4 title

Go to Blogger edit html and find these sentences.Now replace these sentences with your own descriptions.This theme is Bloggerized by Lasantha Bandara - Premiumbloggertemplates.com.

This is default featured slide 5 title

Go to Blogger edit html and find these sentences.Now replace these sentences with your own descriptions.This theme is Bloggerized by Lasantha Bandara - Premiumbloggertemplates.com.

Sunday, January 8, 2012

The things I found in St. Barths


I finally finished unpacking our suitcases from St. Barths this weekend. Here's a pic of some things that I found there. 
Let's talk about the skin care products first because they were my first purchase straight off the plane. There's a really good pharmacy across the the street from the St. Barths airport. Since the island is french, the pharmacy is stocked with excellent french and European products. 
I'm always packing at the last minute and I either don't have enough time to pack or I forget to pack my skin care products all together. In general, I use very little product and the ones that I do use have  to be simple and fragrance neutral. I just want clean and fresh skin, no bells and whistles necessary. So when I walked into the pharmacy, I walked straight up to the pharmacist and requested the most basic products possible. He suggested Mouse Nettoyante Fleur De Vigne (Instant Foaming Cleanser and Premières Vendanges (Moisturizing Cream) by Caudalie. Founded in Bordeaux in 1995, Caudalie uses the anti-oxidant power of grape seeds to create luxurious products with natural active ingredients that respect the environment and are biodegradable. You can find the brand at Sephora if you are in US and Space NK if you are in the UK. The brand is sold in pharmacies and other profumerie here in Italy.
How did I like them? They both worked very well for me. My face felt really clean, and the moisturizer was the perfect weight (not too light/not too heavy) and was perfect for re-hydrating my face after daily exposure to the Caribbean sun.
Next up, let's talk about the gel. I picked this on my own because I'm familiar with the brand. Phyto Paris is a highly respected french hair care brand. Phyto Gel Effet Mouille (Wet Gel) is perfect for out -of-the-shower sculpting. How did it hold up? Well, considering the fact that my hair was battling St. Barths' serious humidity. I managed a nearly perfect sleek look every evening. Nearly perfect because my hair can be really rebellious!


OK, beauty routine aside. Let's talk about the beaded necklaces. Aren't they pretty? I had to get some as I am so inspired by all the African inspired beading on the horizon for SS12. Above is a pic of one of my favorite looks from the Alberta Ferretti SS12 collection. Gorgeous! 
The beach cover on the other hand was a must because of my general love for cover-ups. I love throwing them over beach towels and wearing them as maxi-skirts paired with button downs. I found it at Calypso (a favorite boutique of mine from my NY days). The cover-up is the product of a charity project based in Kenya.  I love shopping for a good cause!
And the havaianas, like the billionth pair I've bought on vacation. Why can't I remember to pack them. Ugh!
And finaly, the super sweet St. Barth t-shirt. I was so inspired by Giovanna's look during the SS12 shows, that I couldn't help picking one up. BTW, I had to use this pic by Tommy Ton, because I couldn't find the version I snapped. 
OH, how could I forget the shells? My little one collected those. :-)Oh, love!
So, I hope that you've enjoyed my little St. Barths' take-away kit. Let me know if you have any specific questions about the products or accessories. Also, I would love to see the things that you bring home from vacation. Feel free to post them on my face book fan page.

Image courtesy of Jak&Jil

0 comments:

Post a Comment